I canceled my eHarmony subscription today with over a month left in my 6-month membership. This was my second go-round on eHarmony and it will be my last! I am so disappointed with my experience.

I am absolutely convinced that 80% (or more) of the people I was matched with were non-paying members, meaning that even if I initiated communication with them, they would be unable to respond unless they coughed up the money for a subscription. I received 7 new matches a day for 5 months and received exactly THREE requests to communicate – one of which was during a "free communication weekend." I initiated communication with a number of matches and received virtually no response (probably because they couldn't respond without paying!)

I had put a lot of time into my profile and had multiple pictures of myself, as eHarmony suggested. I am friendly, educated, and pretty attractive. I had been on another dating site at the same time as eHarmony and received a lot of messages, and my profile was virtually the same.

I think it is an absolute SCAM that eHarmony matches paying members with non-paying members who cannot initiate or respond to communication. I know there are people who have had success with eHarmony, and that's great for them. But I would STRONGLY suggest you try another site first.

Had an Experience with Eharmony?

Comments