1.9K views

If you are on the market of finding a new mate, please stay away from eharmony.com; They are the worst and their matches provided are sent on a automated basis, they are not individually reviewed and matched like they falsely advertise on their TV commercials.

I had the worst experience with them after I was lured into a membership when I saw the "free communication weekend" add; I did not plan on joining but with that free communication weekend all you get is an account and you get to answer a questionnaire that your "matches" send you, for any further communication you will need to join, their membership is the most expensive I have ever seen and they try to get you to sign up for 3 or more months of their bad service, the more months the cheaper it is, please do not fall for it; DO NOT join for more than one month if you must!, they have a "NO REFUND" policy, so no matter how unsuccessful or how unsatisfied you are with their services, they will not let you cancel, no matter how much you complain and how right you are. They are obviously doing this because if they had a satisfaction guarantee they would be out of business. They are a VERY disorganized company, all their funds must be for the TV commercials and not to provide with a good staff in their company. I really hope they go out of business and I wish they would stop running their misleading commercials.

I was lured become a paid member with a "match" that was conveniently exactly what I was looking for, after I joined I never heard from the match again and I never got another compatible match again, this was all very suspicious and convenient for eharmony.com; to this day I still wonder if that one "match" was made up by them, all the other matches provided where not what I wrote I was looking for, but we might share the same religion or a couple of the same answers in their multiple selection questionnaire; some of the matches where even fake profiles with bogus names and answers like: wwwwwiiiii loooossslllls...etc on their about yourself questions.

I can't believe a serious matching company would not scan their members for things like that and more so would even pass those bogus profiles on to another serious member.

I think is really wrong to take advantage of people wanting to find a soul mate. This company will not do that for you. The worst thing is the number of possible "matches" they send you, my email was constantly flooded with "new matches" that where not my match and their elimination process is a very lengthy 4 step process, you can't just look at a profile and click a "not interested" button, they proceed to ask you why you are not interested and they want you to rate that person's profile and then send that "match" an explination from their multiple selection on why you are not interested, then you can finally get that profile out of your "new matches" list, if you have 30 people as your new matches you can spend a good and valuable 2 hours of your time just eliminating all of them (and more than likely you will end up eliminating them all)... I think this someone else matching you is not a very good idea for the way eharmony.com does business; maybe if they put more effort into each individual signing up they would have a more reliable service but they just don't.

My complaint emails to them where answered with an "I am sorry you are dissatisfied with our service" smile at the other side, since there are no refunds, they simply do not care.

Please don't lose your money and end up being disappointed, frustrated and upset like I did. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES.

Location: Ocala, Florida

Comments

I think this is a very big scam. I think they did make up matches because they only sent me 75 and not one of them responded to my emails or anything. How can that be possible if we were supposed to be a "match" or close to it in every way?

So I spend several hours filling out all the questionnaires. At the end, they have showed me about 7 profiles, but I wasn’t able to see photos or send messages.

Sign of a scam. I thought OK, since I have seen so many adds from them, maybe I should pay for a month of membership and see how it works, although I don’t trust those kind of web sites, the web is full with scam stories, but then I have discovered that you have to pay for at least 3 month!!! When I wrote about my concerns to their customer services they offered me a BIG discount, to pay them around $60 for 3 month. Well, to me it is a another flag for scam.

Thankfully I did not paid and made some research on the web and I have discovered that after you pay, all your matches will be “not-very-attractive-type ones” and plain “ugly” or from far away.

I guess they are good in physiology, one spends so much time on creating a profile, it would be much harder to cancel it, and easier to pay. So they will continue rip off $ millions from desperate man.

I have been a member of eHarmony for a while, and I've gotten some decent matches, but they are few and far between. The site is much worse than it could be for several reasons. First, they are so much into their theory that looks are not important, that on their "matches" page, where they list your matches, there is no thumbnail picture. I asked them about that and they said something to the effect that looks are not a good way of deciding upon a match. They said the same thing when I suggested that they at least give you a body type preference. No-go.

Also, in order to get someone off one's list, you have to click on their profile, scroll to the bottom to be able to hit a button to close the match, click on the reason for closing the match, and then hit the close match button. That's 5 SEPARATE FUNCTIONS IN ORDER TO CLOSE JUST ONE MATCH. If you're a busy person, like me, that's way too much effort. And that's an understatement.

Finally, I inquired about canceling my membership. They told me how, and I then forgot until the last day of my membership. I asked them for a refund, despite the fact that it was on paper, my fault. They said no, but finally gave me a 1/2 refund. Better than nothing, but since I didn't use or want what I was being charged for, it would have been decent for them to let me cancel. Too bad.

I'm not totally against the site. If you have the patience to sort through all the mismatches they send you, and have a lot of time to sort through the lists of matches that you can't see until you click on their profile, because there's no thumbnail, it could work out for you.

i got a good *** out of it, so I am very happy! Kicked her to the curb after though since she was a pig.

eHarmony is definitely NOT a reputable service. They use their "Free Weekend" promos (which are a total joke) to lure people to take the questionnaire, then match those free members, hoping many will subscribe.

They use these artificial membership numbers to make a fortune selling advertising space.

They show a few couples on their commercials, but they Don't tell you about the millions of people who get ripped off. Save your money and Stay Away from them.

"like I want to date some 400lb welfare recipient."

HAHAHA thanks for the good laugh. So true.

And leave RM alone. He can yell at people if he wants.

@PissedConsumer52707

A 400 lb welfare recipient can't afford to be on EH.

wow RM you have issues, nothing better to do but rag on people for trying to find a date. I work in a business that I might see a female once in 10 jobs, plus my hours are all over the place.

Eharmony as other companys say hey meet these girls in your area, well where are those girls when you sign up, they are not there.The EH commercials are f'd up, bet if we asked people about the ones they married they would tell us it was like the 3rd or 4th person they dated. plus EH does not take into account body size and income as they say it does not matter as far as compatibility is concerned, ya like I want to date some 400lb welfare recipient.

Eharmony Reviews