Privacy and Data Security

I was first on eharmony seven years ago. It was a decent dating site back then and I met a couple of nice guys.

I took a break from dating for a while. I decided to try eharmony again. That was a big mistake. The site is completely different and they control what matches you get.

You cannot browse profiles on your own. I specified 30 miles and they told me I may want to expand my preferences to get more matches. Since I signed up in February I have received only two matches who are active on the site. They don't allow you to see when the person was last active.

Most of them are probably no longer active. The photos look ridiculous too. One showed the guy on a horse, but you see more of the horse than of him, his head was cut off in the picture. Some photos are in black and white, when were those taken, in the 60s?

I occasionally get emails that I have a match but mostly I have to sign in to see if I have any messages. I have only received 2 or 3 messages, and I receive many emails on other dating sites. I have sent out emails to a few people asking them if they are still active on the site and I get not replies. I signed up on a 3 month promotional rate so it didn't cost me too much.

I have notified Pay Pal I do not have an automatic payment arrangement with eharmony and I turned off the auto renewal.

I want to make sure they do not get any money from me again. This site is a scam stay away!

Review about: Eharmony Online Dating.

I didn't like: Subscription options, Allow people to not submit photos, Being ripped off.

Comments

eharmonyCC
Eharmony Verified Representative

Hi, I’d love to help address your concern regarding our service and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. With respect, as to matching, while one cannot browse for matches like a typical dating site, our method has always been one of matchmaking based upon your original Relationship Questionnaire. lease reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.