Eharmony - Treated like a number, not listened to, unhelpful, left feeling worse about myself

92 of 225 Eharmony reviews

I decided to join eHarmony - finally, after chatting with my best friend - she had just joined, bit the bullet also!

I spent the time answering questions adding pics then looked for the same deal as my friend, special for $30 for 3 months.

Cldnt see it, in fact the only deal I cld see was for $65 per month for 6 months.

I contact customer service, spoke to 'Sophie N'. Condescending and didn't listen to a word Id said. Or appreciate that fact that I was a new customer, or consider perhaps it had taken me months to take the plunge and believe all the adverts etc and sign up. Couldnt have cared a less. Just kept repeating her spript and telling me things I didn't understand. I have the script saved in an email. Rather than go into it I can only say that I was saddened. Sophie N cldnt help me after spending roughly an hr on the whole process but then she was able to delete my account in one click. Sophie N didnt give a hoot about me. Now I feel like ive been targeted and I feel worse about myself. I feel if I did ever sign up again a red flag wld go up about me...anyway. Thats that. Maybe I'II try again another time.

Sophie N is probably married with kids, a home, a family and a good job otherwise she may have had some idea about customer service.

Gripe over.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Privacy and Data Security

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • I happily signed up
    • Then was told i signed up wrong
    • Left feeling inadequate confused

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Product or service
Eharmony Membership
Review category
Entertainment
review #634999

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Eharmony? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
92 of 225 Eharmony reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
You need help Fast

Nov 09, 2015 #1061006 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

What a Rip Off! At $65 a Month for 6 Months totaling $390 is a huge outlay. Sophie N most likely gets a nice fat commission to cone lonely hearts in on a plan that's nothing like an introduction plan. I'm sure you know there are other respectable sites in your area and with you the best of luck that you find what you want.

2 0 Reply

May 12, 2015 #983486

What did you want her to do? The customer ISN'T always right. She may have repeated a script because that's what they had to offer. The special your friend got expired. We're you asking for something she couldn't give you. If they run specials from time to time, check for them once or twice a week. Since your friend joined, maybe they'll have some 'friend' special. Whatever the issue, it's not with customer service, it's wanting something that is not currently available. I'm a manager at a store and it's amazing how many customers think I have a magic wand and want me to change prices for them. All I want to yell at the top of my lungs is, "What makes you so special?!". Deal with it, the sale is over, today it costs more. I can't change the price! Either buy it or leave and stop bugging me! Wow, that felt good!

3 5 Reply
Suckit

Jan 07 #1090785 Mountain View, California, United States

If you were the "Manager" of my store.
Your sorry butt would be unemployed.
I seriously doubt you manage a damned thing.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Eharmony. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Eharmony.
Filing a new complaint about
×