68 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Hello, if anyone is reading this out there, please do not and I mean DO NOT joined this website else you will wake up one day like I did and find you bank account empty! After signing up, a week later I decided to go for a premium extra membership.

Only for the fact that eharmony kept on changing their prices each time you sign on tricking customers into thinking they are getting a good deal. They then offered a deal for premium extra at £3.45 a month with a price dropped from £19.00 a month. I honestly thought I was getting a great deal and felt so lucky. Within 5 days after signing up for this deal I decided to cancel under a 14 days cancellation period.

Within the same 5 days they went into my bank account and took £58.55 for compensation. They then tried to take another £65 but no more money was left in the account. After emailing customer care this was all they could tell me. Im a single parent facing financial hardship and asked for the money to be refunded so I could afford to buy my childrens school shoes and food snacks for them.

I havent worked for over 6 months now and my kids and I have only been living off very little that was taken away, I am writing this feedback with my eyes full of tears not knowing how to explain to my children the mistake I have made.

Dear Serena,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry, but the value compensation fee cannot be [waived/refunded]; our fee is based on the comprehensive eharmony personality report which you received, valued at £130. In the event of cancellation of your Premium Membership a fee will be charged. The unique personality report is an essential part of the Premium Membership and must therefore be paid upon cancellation within 14 days. As a value compensation, we only charge half of the value of the report, i.e.

£65.00.

We disclose the terms of value compensation during the ordering process:

When you choose the payment method, the cancellation policy and the regulation on value compensation are displayed immediately above the possible payment options.

On this page you will also find the product-related contents of the subscription with information on value compensation.

On the last page in the purchase process there is a note that, if you confirm immediate use, value compensation will be due in the event of cancellation within 14 days.

In addition, we will inform you about the value compensation in the order confirmation.

You can find further information on value compensation at any time in the Help Center. To be redirected directly to the "Help Center" area, please click here:

Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Neil G.

Im pleading to anyone out there please dont be fooled by these people else you will be sorry like me.

User's recommendation: Don’t try eharmony they are full of hidden charges and you will live to regret it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Eharmony Premium Subscription.

Eharmony Pros: Meeting new people, Easy to join.

Eharmony Cons: Charged when not expecting, Horrific customer service, Compatibility matching is useless, Hidden charges, Unauthorised charges taken from your bank account.

Comments

#1918510

I canceled my eharmony subscribtion yet the charged me $323.40 to renew without my authorisation. they make it very dificult to cancel payments. I have emailed them several times asking for a refund and have had no response from them.

Shirlene
#1934385
@PissedConsumer1918510

This company has issues they will hoped acknowledge one day for the sake of honest people like us. I’m sorry for your bad experience.

Eharmony Reviews