I was already disappointed with Eharmony's dating pool within a few days of signing up. It was even worse than I remembered from 5+ years ago. Basically, the site seems to be a bunch of people who think that they will do better on a site where "people are more serious about relationships." Therefore, it seems to largely be a collective of people who can't get dates offline or on other sites.
The last straw before calling them was when I was "matched" with a devout Jehovah's Witness in another state. It was clear from the outset that they didn't really have many good matches for me, so they had to throw in a lot of filler profiles to make it appear as if I had options.
When I called them, I wanted them to cancel my membership after the first payment and shut down my account. I told them about my Jehovah's Witness match who would not only be a terrible match for me but we would actually probably hate each other. The customer service agent suggested I choose not to be matched with Christians. I was like, "I don't think you'd have many people left to match me with if I uncheck that box."
My "customer service" agent explained that the only way I could close my account early was to pay the remainder of the payments, thereby effectively cutting down the time I was on the site but not the amount of money I was paying for it. She told me that I essentially "should not judge books by their covers." I was like, "Isn't that basically the whole point of a profile? If they don't have anything to say, I don't want to talk to them." I basically told them that they were offering a terrible service and that I'm paying a lot of money for the enjoyment of sending screenshots of ridiculous profiles to my friends. I also told them that I found far more success matching with people on OkCupid, and that is free.
It is also impossible to change your autorenewal settings until you have paid your last payment, so for some this could be a very small window for cancellation.
More Review Details
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Profile design
What I disliked
- Not able to cancel
- Horrible matches
- Poor quality matching
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Eharmony Subscription
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have been in the investment business for 20 years. I have followed the fraud in the for-profit education industry for 15 years. My new book, "Online Education..."
- "I have literally hundreds of photos of scammer women at the site with their boyfriends and husbands. They are paid to be there. Adate pays the agency that..."
- "I got married through shadi.com in a so called affluent family mentioned on shadi.com profile of the groom.But those people said us to perform a grand wedding promising that they..."
- "I purchased a floor model Samsung Refrigerator on 3/26/15 from the sears outlet store in Minneapolis MN. The problems started when the cashier forgot to *** an additional 5% for..."
- "TO: GMAC 8-2-2016 RE; 2015 Canyon Pick up vin# Dear Sirs, Having previous good..."
- "Delivered TWO TV's damaged, their delivery people tried to hide the damage the first time, It took longer than it needed to receive the 2nd TV, when I did, it..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."