I was already disappointed with Eharmony's dating pool within a few days of signing up. It was even worse than I remembered from 5+ years ago. Basically, the site seems to be a bunch of people who think that they will do better on a site where "people are more serious about relationships." Therefore, it seems to largely be a collective of people who can't get dates offline or on other sites.
The last straw before calling them was when I was "matched" with a devout Jehovah's Witness in another state. It was clear from the outset that they didn't really have many good matches for me, so they had to throw in a lot of filler profiles to make it appear as if I had options.
When I called them, I wanted them to cancel my membership after the first payment and shut down my account. I told them about my Jehovah's Witness match who would not only be a terrible match for me but we would actually probably hate each other. The customer service agent suggested I choose not to be matched with Christians. I was like, "I don't think you'd have many people left to match me with if I uncheck that box."
My "customer service" agent explained that the only way I could close my account early was to pay the remainder of the payments, thereby effectively cutting down the time I was on the site but not the amount of money I was paying for it. She told me that I essentially "should not judge books by their covers." I was like, "Isn't that basically the whole point of a profile? If they don't have anything to say, I don't want to talk to them." I basically told them that they were offering a terrible service and that I'm paying a lot of money for the enjoyment of sending screenshots of ridiculous profiles to my friends. I also told them that I found far more success matching with people on OkCupid, and that is free.
It is also impossible to change your autorenewal settings until you have paid your last payment, so for some this could be a very small window for cancellation.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Privacy and Data Security|
What I liked
- Profile design
What I disliked
- Not able to cancel
- Horrible matches
- Poor quality matching
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Eharmony Subscription
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "A friend had invited me to check out the site and my stay was brief, as was his. This is a very hostile environment from the first time logging..."
- "I have attached a photo, showing the females contacting me randomly. I signed up and made a fake profile EASILY. I got like 3 messages from females the second I joined. Usually..."
- "I have been in the investment business for 20 years. I have followed the fraud in the for-profit education industry for 15 years. My new book, "Online Education..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I was scheduled to travel on Wednesday May 11th 2016 at 8.45pm from Minneapolis. The supervisor told me that I could not board the bus because I had an extra..."
- "Ordered two hoodies. Received one yesterday. Does not look anything like the picture. Lol. I am irritated and highly amused all at the same time. Wtf?! I should have known..."
- "TO: GMAC 8-2-2016 RE; 2015 Canyon Pick up vin# Dear Sirs, Having previous good..."