Eharmony - Waste of Money

I was already disappointed with Eharmony's dating pool within a few days of signing up. It was even worse than I remembered from 5+ years ago. Basically, the site seems to be a bunch of people who think that they will do better on a site where "people are more serious about relationships." Therefore, it seems to largely be a collective of people who can't get dates offline or on other sites.

The last straw before calling them was when I was "matched" with a devout Jehovah's Witness in another state. It was clear from the outset that they didn't really have many good matches for me, so they had to throw in a lot of filler profiles to make it appear as if I had options.

When I called them, I wanted them to cancel my membership after the first payment and shut down my account. I told them about my Jehovah's Witness match who would not only be a terrible match for me but we would actually probably hate each other. The customer service agent suggested I choose not to be matched with Christians. I was like, "I don't think you'd have many people left to match me with if I uncheck that box."

My "customer service" agent explained that the only way I could close my account early was to pay the remainder of the payments, thereby effectively cutting down the time I was on the site but not the amount of money I was paying for it. She told me that I essentially "should not judge books by their covers." I was like, "Isn't that basically the whole point of a profile? If they don't have anything to say, I don't want to talk to them." I basically told them that they were offering a terrible service and that I'm paying a lot of money for the enjoyment of sending screenshots of ridiculous profiles to my friends. I also told them that I found far more success matching with people on OkCupid, and that is free.

It is also impossible to change your autorenewal settings until you have paid your last payment, so for some this could be a very small window for cancellation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Eharmony Subscription
Review category
review #714771 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Eharmony? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Eharmony. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Eharmony.
Filing a new complaint about