Verified Reviewer

1.2

Update by user Sep 04, 2021

After rescinding Eharmony's authorization to charge my card, I further contacted my bank and canceled the card number Eharmony had on file for me to preemptively remove access to my credit card for the business if they did remit for future charges. They subsequently attempted forcing the charges after only 15 days of the initial subscription charge was remitted to them (charges are supposed to be every 30 days until paid in full for whatever monthly package was selected).

I had to contact my banking institution, complete a stop payment for the premature second charge. I also filed a complaint with the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau. They filed the nature of the complaint in their database but were unable to directly assist. CFPB, in turn, referred my case to the attorney general's office for my residential state.

I got a letter stating they're conducting an investigation into Eharmony's business practices and whether or not there's implications of non-compliance consumer protection laws with using data from my complaint file along with applicable similar reports to cross reference Eharmony's members that have had similar reports filed against Eharmony.

Eharmony reversed the premature charges on their own upon being notified of pending investigation of compliance. Action still not complete.

Original review posted by user Aug 05, 2021

I wrote customer service to cancel my subscription. I only have 3 matches within my chosen demographic between the ages of 28 to 60.

Spoke with all 3 and each respectfully declined engaging with me by ghosting the conversation and/or never calling again. To this end, expressly stated I rescind and/or revoke any and all authorization to future debits from my account and asked that my account be closed. They piously glossed over my revocation of permission to debit further by stating that they will continue to charge for future services even if I expressly followed their rules in writing to revoke their authorization to charge me further. This is strong arm robbery without a shotgun!

Also, because I have an African American given name, the auto-response email stated my name was considered vulgar and inappropriate, and I'd have to use some other name to allow others to view my profile. Not paying another dime for being humiliated.

This was a huge mistake. They sadistically coerce you into being okay with it.

User's recommendation: They won't allow you to revoke permission for future debits and you'll be in for at least $800 or more for services that you can't benefit from if you're African American!

Product or Service Mentioned: Eharmony Online Dating.

Preferred solution: Cancellation of my subscription and delete the account. I do not require a refund for payment made 07/30/2021 but revoke any and all authorization for future debits or charges to my account of record..

eHarmony Cons: Not easy to contact, Expensive and a subscription that you cannot get out of, Frustrating, Limited matches.

Comments